Adam has over 16 years of experience under his belt. His knowledge, determination, problem-solving skills, and proactive legal strategies have helped over 500 victims since he joined Simpson, Thomas & Associates in 2012, and supported his position when he joined the firm’s partners in 2021.
Adam creates distinctive and effective legal strategies rooted in the unique problem-solving abilities learned when working with Canadian and global insurance firms before joining ST&A. His unique defence practices give him an edge when negotiating rightful settlements for his clients.
Adam’s expertise includes:
- ICBC claims for Enhanced Care Benefits, including claims for Permanent Impairment Compensation and disputes over entitlement to income replacement and rehabilitation benefits.
- Soft tissue injury, fractures, TMJ injury, vestibular injury, neurological injury including the spinal cord and brain, PTSD and anxiety.
- Disability benefits, life insurance, critical illness insurance.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member, Personal Injury Section
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Executive Board Member
Supports the annual CKNW Kids’ Fund Pledge Day with live radio interviews on CKNW, where he challenges other law firms to match Simpson, Thomas & Associates’ annual donation.
He is an avid supporter of KidsPlay Foundation, actively participating in their events like the Annual Ball Hockey Tournament, KidsPlay Soccer World Cup, and Coming Together Gala Night, to raise awareness and funds for mental health programs for kids and youth. His unwavering commitment to supporting and encouraging the community reflects his compassionate nature.
Outside the courtroom, Adam enjoys building legendary Lego sets of his favourite shows and characters, which he displays in his office in Surrey. He is also an avid fiction and nonfiction reader.
Year of Call
2006, British Columbia
- LLB from the University of Saskatchewan
- Bachelor of Arts from Simon Fraser University (Honours)
"Had a pleasant experience with Adam Ueland and his team. They got back to me whenever I had questions and explained everything well!"N. Sawatsky