- phone 604.689.8888
Work phoneemail [email protected]
Work emailfile_download Save contact card
Steve Ferguson’s practice is limited exclusively to ICBC claims. Steve works hard to ensure that his clients receive the medical support they need and the compensation they deserve.
Prior to joining Simpson Thomas & Associates and dedicating his practice to accident victims, Steve worked at a mid-size downtown Vancouver law firm where he gained valuable litigation experience and developed a keen interest in personal injury litigation. Having represented accident victims since 2009, Steve’s experience spans all levels of court in British Columbia, as well as everything from minor injuries to catastrophic losses.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- Fraser Valley Brain Institute, Member
Through his wife, Steve has developed a keen interest in Korean culture and has written a weekly newspaper column in the Korea Times Vancouver newspaper providing insight to the Korean Community on ICBC related matters.
LLB from University of Manitoba (2008) (Received the Gilbert T. Gregory Memorial Prize and the David Levin Memorial Prize for the highest academic standing in the area of Real Estate Transactions)• Bachelor of Arts Simon Fraser University
Steve currently resides in Vancouver with his wife Esther, who has recently joined the team as a lawyer at Simpson Thomas and Associates. Steve is a long suffering Vancouver Canucks fan.
Some of the notable cases that Steve has been involved with as an ICBC injury lawyer include:
- The Abbotsford Wedding case;
- Mohan v. Khan 2012 BCSC 436: in this case the Plaintiff developed chronic pain disorder following a motor vehicle accident and was awarded a judgment of $673,000. This represents one of the highest judgments ever awarded for a Plaintiff with chronic pain disorder;
- You v. Leung: In this case the Plaintiff sustained serious orthopedic injuries. After a 12 day trial, the jury returned a verdict, awarding the Plaintiff damages in excess of $1,300,000 (less 25% for contributory negligence);
- Salaam v. Abramovic 2010 BCCA 212: In this Court of Appeal decision, the Court of Appeal overturned the trial judge’s decision dismissing the Plaintiff’s claim. This case has become an often cited case by B.C. Courts when reviewing the common law duty of care of a motorist;
- McQuillan v. Dean 2014 BCSC 2578: in this case, the Plaintiff came to Simpson Thomas and Associates after ICBC had found him 100% at fault. Steve took this case to trial and the court reversed ICBC’s decision completely, resulting in the Defendant being found 100% liable for the accident.
- Steve is currently representing clients in the Oregon Bus tragedy.