S. Esther Chung
Work emailfile_download Save contact card
Prior to joining Simpson Thomas & Associates, Esther operated her own law firm with a focus on serving the needs of the Korean community. She later transitioned to a downtown Vancouver boutique law firm where she continued to expand on her experience in business and real estate law, including real estate development and commercial lending transactions.
Esther joined Simpson Thomas & Associates in 2016 in order to focus her practice exclusively on representing those who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents. Esther believes that clients can benefit from being able to communicate with their legal team in their language of choice, and hopes that her fluency in Korean can help provide easier access to justice for those who may otherwise be discouraged or be unable to fully express themselves. Esther’s multidisciplinary perspective provides her with a unique advantage in ensuring that her client’s needs and concerns are addressed with a broad view approach, and in assessing the value of her clients’ losses from multiple angles. Her involvement with ethnic community organizations and experience with immigrant clientele provides her with a deeper appreciation of the cultural differences which need to be understood and translated in order to give fuller voices to injured clients.
Esther is happily married to Stephen Ferguson, who is another lawyer at Simpson Thomas & Associates since 2009. Her decision to join Simpson Thomas & Associates was largely influenced by observing over the years how much more meaningful Stephen’s career was to him by being able to stand up for injured clients.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- Fraser Valley Brain Institute, Member
- Neil Squire Society, Member
- National Unification Advisory Council of Korea, Next-Generation Committee Leader
- Rotary Club of Vancouver Cambie – Treasurer
- LLB from University of Manitoba (2008)
- Bachelor of Arts University of British Columbia (2004)