Puneet Riar is a dedicated and passionate lawyer at our firm. She prioritizes understanding her clients’ unique needs and finding tailored solutions for their legal matters.
In addition to her professional work, Puneet is committed to giving back to her community. Puneet volunteers as a lawyer with various programs through Access Pro Bono, providing legal assistance to individuals who may not have the financial means to access legal services. She is an active member of multiple law associations where she has the opportunity to connect and collaborate with other legal professionals in the community.
Puneet has appeared in Provincial Court and Supreme Court of British Columbia as co-counsel.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Women Lawyers Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Civil Litigation Section
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- New Lawyers Committee
- Federation of Asian-Canadian Lawyers, Member
- South Asian Bar Association of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Access Pro Bono Summary Advice Telephone Clinic, Volunteer Lawyer
- Access Pro Bono Lawyers Referral Service, Roster Lawyer
- Access Pro Bono Civil Chambers Program, Duty Counsel
- Access Pro Bono’s annual “Advice-A-Thon”, Volunteer Lawyer
- Federation of Asian-Canadian Lawyers, Mentor Lawyer
- South Asian Bar Association of BC, Mentor Lawyer
- South Asian Legal Clinic of BC, Volunteer Lawyer
- Guru Nanak’s Free Kitchen Society, Volunteer
In 2016, Puneet received the class prize for the highest academic standing in the area of Constitutional and Administrative Law.
Puneet enjoys watching movies, travelling and exploring new places, hiking in BC’s beautiful outdoor playground and spending quality time with friends and family.