Last Updated: June 10, 2020
At Simpson Thomas & Associates, our lawyers, staff and clients wellbeing is our top priority. As we continue to work through COVID-19 together, we want to ensure everyone’s safety at all times while providing the same level of service to our clients. Whether our staff and lawyers are working from home or the office, our goal is to ensure you have access to your lawyer and their teams when you need them.
STA has taken the following steps to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our offices remain as safe as possible for everyone at all times:
- Our lawyers and staff have remote access so that they can continue to work on a rotation schedule to avoid everyone in the office at the same time;
- Those who are unwell have been instructed to remain/work at home;
- We have limited the number of people in:
- All boardrooms
- Reception waiting area
- Common work areas
- Supply rooms
- We have postings throughout the office indicating:
- Limitations noted above
- To be mindful and practice social distancing at all times
- We have implemented 2 Face Mask and Rubber Gloves stations in the office so they are readily available to all employees and visitors;
- We have provided sneeze guards in our reception areas in our Delta and Vancouver offices and throughout the general office area as well;
- Those visiting the office will be required to wear a mask. Rubber gloves are optional;
- We do our best to minimize in-person meetings wherever possible. We use Zoom, Skype and the like instead;
- All boardrooms are cleaned and sanitized after each visit;
- All common areas have been provided with cleaning / disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Staff are asked to do their part in keeping the common areas clean by wiping down the area on a regular basis;
- All tenants and guests are expected to adhere to policies and procedures set out by our Landlord Nelson Square Management. These include:
- Elevator usage limited to 2 people at one time
- Mask usage in the common area (main lobby) and elevators is strongly suggested
- Separate entrances and exits have been designated to avoid close contact and to help maintain mandatory 6 feet between people.
The partners and management of STA will evaluate our Covid-19 Safety Plan regularly to ensure we continue to be in compliance as outlined by WorkSafe BC and BC’s Provincial Health Officer.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding STA’s COVID-19 Safety Plan, please do not hesitate to contact us: 604-689-8888. Our phone lines are always open for you.