Last Updated in March, 2022
COVID-19 Safety Plan
Following the recent announcement of the provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, we have adjusted our COVID-19 safety plan accordingly.
At Simpson Thomas & Associates, the well-being of our lawyers, staff and clients has, and always will be, our top priority. As we continue to work through COVID-19 together, we want to ensure everyone’s safety at all times while providing the same level of service to our clients. Whether our staff and lawyers are working from home or the office, our goal is to ensure you have access to your lawyer and their teams when you need them.
STA has taken the following steps to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our offices remain as safe as possible for everyone at all times:
Starting March 14, 2022:
- Clients and other visitors entering Simpson, Thomas & Associates will still be required to wear a mask,
- The use of masks will no longer be mandatory for the firm’s staff, except when meeting with a visitor or guest in our offices. In that case, our staff member(s) will be required to wear a mask along with the visitor;
- Our lawyers and staff will continue to use remote access in order to work on a rotation schedule, and avoid high concentrations of people in the office at the same time;
- Those who are unwell will continue to be instructed to remain/work at home;
We are still limiting the number of people in:
- All boardrooms
- Reception waiting area
- Common work areas
- Supply rooms
We have postings throughout the office indicating:
- Limitations noted above
- To be mindful and practice social distancing at all times
- We will continue having 2 Face Mask and Rubber Gloves stations in the office so they are readily available to all employees and visitors;
- We still do our best to minimize in-person meetings wherever possible. We use Zoom, Skype and the like instead;
- All boardrooms will continue to be cleaned and sanitized after each visit;
- Staff is still asked to do their part in keeping the common areas clean by wiping down the area on a regular basis;
- All tenants and guests are still expected to adhere to policies and procedures set out by our Landlord Nelson Square Management.
The partners and management of STA will evaluate our Covid-19 Safety Plan regularly to ensure we continue to be in compliance as outlined by WorkSafe BC and BC’s Provincial Health Officer.
Read our COVID-19 response here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding STA’s COVID-19 Response or Safety Plan, please do not hesitate to contact us: 604-689-8888. Our phone lines are always open for you.