Simpson, Thomas & Associates offers a dynamic and challenging work environment.
We pride ourselves in supporting and teaching employees who want to advance their career in the legal field while helping the injured victims of motor vehicle accidents. Community outreach is an important aspect of joining the STA Team. Our staff participates in a variety of charity events to help support a healthy community and work environment.
Join Our Team
If you are interested in becoming a proactive member of the STA Team, please apply to the following job posting(s):
Legal Administrative Assistant
Simpson, Thomas and Associates is one of the leading personal injury law firms in BC. We are celebrating our 50th year this year! In addition, we have just received the prestigious certification as a “Great Place to Work” in Canada! STA is looking for an experienced intermediate Legal Administrative Assistant to join our professional and friendly team. We value our staff and want to attract and retain the best legal staff. We are offering a competitive compensation package including: MSP premiums, extended health and dental, annual bonuses, transportation costs, fitness subsidy, education assistance program and flexible working hours. We are also offering a signing bonus payable after successful completion of the 3 month probationary period. The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a personal injury law firm.
- Graduated from an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant Program.
- Excellent organizational skills, be a multi-tasker and able to prioritize.
- The ability to excel in a fast paced environment.
- A strong work ethic and initiative.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent technical and word processing skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to work independently and within a team.
- Drafting legal documents and correspondence.
- Managing client concerns and questions throughout legal process.
- Reviewing incoming and outgoing mail and coordinate responses as required.
- Maintaining, organize and update BF system and calendar.
- Communicate with clients, adjusters, defence counsel, experts, etc.
- Schedule Discoveries, Mediations, Trials, Case Plan Conferences, etc.
- Prepare trial documentation, handle scheduling of witnesses and doctors.
- Prepare settlement documentation.