Work emailfile_download Save contact card
Stephen has been practicing as a personal injury lawyer since 2002. He has represented injured motorists, passengers, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians. He works hard on behalf of his clients to ensure that they receive the medical support they need and the compensation they deserve. Stephen’s experience spans all levels of court in British Columbia including the Court of Appeal. He also has considerable experience dealing with a vast range of injuries including minor injuries to catastrophic losses.
Prior to joining Simpson Thomas & Associates in 2006, Steve practiced general civil litigation with an emphasis on personal injury claims. He acted for individuals and small businesses in personal injury, employment law, commercial disputes, income tax issues as well as family law.
Stephen became a partner at Simpson, Thomas & Associates in 2014.
Stephen is married and has two young children. In his spare time he plays hockey and spends time with his family.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member, Personal Injury Section
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- Fraser Valley Brain Institute, Member
- Neil Squire Society, Member
Stephen actively participates in the community. He is a former member of the Alumni Board of Directors of St. George’s School. Stephen frequently volunteers for a variety of events and charities.
- L.L.B. from Dalhousie University (2001)
- Bachelor of Arts (with distinction) from the University of Victoria
“I really liked Stephen Yung’s approach and attitude from our initial meeting. He was consistently courteous, sensitive ,professional, knowledgeable and direct. He was also very helpful in explaining anything that I found to be unclear throughout the process. I felt deep confidence in him, and the final positive result was beyond my expectations. I can’t recommend him highly enough!” A. Basanta