David was called to the Bar in Manitoba in 2009 and B.C. in 2011. Since landing out west, David has practiced primarily in personal injury law acting only for injured persons. Prior to joining Simpson Thomas and Associates, David practiced at a leading personal injury law firm in Downtown Vancouver and spent a brief stint in the legal department of a large governmental organization. Before moving to B.C., David articled and practiced criminal law in Manitoba, gaining valuable experience at all levels of court. David has experience handling a wide array of cases including those involving pedestrians, cyclists, psychological conditions, orthopedic injuries, brain injuries and chronic pain. David makes it a priority to assist his clients to get access to the appropriate treatment and resources to allow for as speedy and full a recovery as possible. David is committed to helping clients through what can be the most difficult time of their life and obtaining fair compensation for their injuries and associated hardships.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- Fraser Valley Brain Institute, Member
David is a member of Athletics 4 Kids, a non-profit organization that provides funding for participation in sports to youth in low income households.
- LLB, University of Manitoba (2008)
- BA, University of Winnipeg (2005)
- Fifi v. Robinson, 2012 BCSC 1378 (CanLII)
- Provost v Bolton, 2017 BCSC 1608 (CanLII)
- Thorogood v. Roberts, 2014 BCSC 2213 (CanLII)