Work emailfile_download Save contact card
Since 1994, Cathy has been practicing exclusively as a personal injury lawyer, representing victims injured in motor vehicle accidents. As a senior lawyer with Simpson Thomas & Associates, Cathy has been with the firm since 1996. Cathy is a skilled professional with over two decades of experience in trial advocacy, mediation, and negotiated settlements.
The primary focus of Cathy’s practice has been on cases involving traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and significant orthopedic, soft issue and psychological injuries. Many of Cathy’s cases have involved victims with complex and catastrophic injuries, resulting in millions of dollars recovered for her clients. In handling cases, Cathy works closely with victims and families to ensure the client’s needs are looked after, including ensuring that the client receives the rehabilitation and disability benefits that he or she is entitled to, pending settlement or trial. Cathy is meticulous in her attention to detail, leaving no stone unturned to ensure the best possible results are achieved for her clients.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association of British Columbia (CBABC), Member,
- Senior Lawyers, Subsection of the CBABC, member
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Alternate Dispute Resolution, Subsection of the CBABC, member
- Women Lawyer’s Forum, Subsection of CBABC, member
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- Fraser Valley Brain Institute, Member
- Neil Squire Society, Member
- Italian Cultural Centre Society, Member
- Fluent in Italian
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia, 1993
- Bachelor of Education, University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia, Political Science
“After my motor vehicle accident in 2013, my life was filled with pain and suffering. It was extremely difficult dealing with the insurance company to access necessary treatments for rehabilitation. Caterina Rizzo and her team went above and beyond to help me with my recovery and to access treatments that otherwise would not be covered. I felt confident that they were backing me up every step of the way. They fought hard to get me the best compensation possible. Cathy and her team went the extra mile to listen to my concerns and answer all my questions. I felt respected and cared for. For those in a similar situation, look no further–Cathy and her team is your answer for the best outcome possible!” Anon.